Discovered about the new Discord Spotify update but aren’t sure how to use it. Discover out how to connect your accounts for an even more immeasurable music bot experience, here.
Discord music bots have obtained a thing for a while, but now the gamer-centred chat service has increased the ante on the shared music experience with a new Spotify combination. Though the Spotify connection news wasn’t announced through the official update changelog, information about the latest music integration was posted through the support forums.
If you’re thrilled to get your Spotify and Discord accounts connected; but aren’t sure how to do it, we’ve put together a quick guide to help you with this. Plus, some extra tips on how to use Spotify inside of Discord once your accounts are connected. Check it out below.
How to Connect Spotify with Discord – Guide?
- Go to https://discordapp.com/ and log in to your account (you are not able to connect your accounts via the app currently).
- Once you have logged in, click on the “User Settings” icon at the bottom of the screen near your username.
- In User Settings, click on “Connections”
- Click on the Spotify Icon
- After that a pop-up screen will appear that will ask you to login to Spotify
- Once logged in, click on the button to approve the connection.
- You will receive a success message noting that your accounts are now connected
Spotify Discord Update Features
- Profile Feature– Your Spotify information will now arrive on both your mini as well in full profile.
- Share Your Songs and Listen Up with Your Friends – Spotify Premium members can “Listen Along” with the other Premium members to songs or playlists directly in their Discord server. Music timing is synced so everyone hears the same thing at the same time. Even if you don’t have a Premium Spotify account, then you can still enjoy the new update as it enables non-premium members to display a “currently listening to” track in their Discord profile. This allows your friends viewing your profile to check out the songs your listening to just by clicking the “Play on Spotify” button.
Read: How to play game on Discord?
The Bottom Line
Gaming and music are a part of the life of almost every youngster today. And Discord and Spotify have created a wonderful job by making both the things potential at the same time. That about sums it up for joining your Spotify account! Enjoy sharing and listening to sweet tunes with your friends! Unleash the gamer inside you and step into the world of gaming with all the cherished songs in your pocket.