These are hard times, and everyone is locked down in their homes. And I know many of you will agree that it’s now boring to sit at home and do no fun. Well, we got you covered!
With the increasing number of internet users, the daily users of this app are also increasing quickly. With its latest added features of live streaming and going live, it is ranking itself between the most popular apps, such as Skype we all know. To take benefit of all the features and enjoy using Discord, you need to understand how it works and what it is.
You see, Discord is a cool platform if you want to stay in touch with your friends online. Because of the COVID-19, it has really become a necessity these days. One can text, listen to the music, and can-do voice chat on Discord. One of the cool features is that you can watch movies and shows too. Its unofficial one though.
How to Watch Movies with Friends on Discord?
There are some things that you need to make convinced before you can stream the movies on Discord, you need to own a Discord Server or at most limited be a part of a sever. Moreover, you’ll need voice chat room access and a chat-ready headset and a microphone.
- Step 1: Login and go to the settings option.
- Step 2: Scroll down and find the Gaming Activity and then click on it.
- Step 3: You will see a button labelled as “Add it” at the top of the screen.
- Step 4: Add the program that you are using to play the movie or show.
- Step 5: Once you’re done adding the program, come back to voice chat room and you’ll see your program as a small title on the bottom of the screen, just above the “voice connected” indicator.
- Step 6: Click on the program and you will find a “Go Live” button. Click it and your movie or show will be live.
The earlier limit of maximum people allowed to watch was 10 but now it’s been raised to 50 amid the COVID-19 Outbreak. So, you can now watch movies with your friends online.
The reason that this operates unofficially is that Discord has a live game streaming feature but it doesn’t understand any difference between games and any other programs so you can stream movies online too.
With this feature, I think it will be fun to watch some cool movies with friends.
The Bottom Line
Discord enables its users to live stream in different video qualities such as 720p or 1080p. The quality of the streaming will essentially depend upon the type of Discord account you have. You can also use this app on mobile as most of its functions are available on its mobile app too. So, avail this best advantage of Discord and enjoy gaming and movies virtually with your friends.