By now, you must be aware of the features that Discord bots offer. It is not only free of cost but there are also no limits to the number of users, channels or servers you can create.
Discord also has sorted templates into five different styles for each template:
- Local communities
- Creators and hobbies
- Global communities
- Family and friends
- Study groups
You can access these templates through Discord’s template page.
Creating A Discord Server – Step-By-Step Guide
Coming to creating your own server, it is very easy to create your own Discord server. Just follow these few steps-
- To create your own server, you first need to download the Discord app and create an account if you don’t already have one. Then click on the plus icon in a circle in the server selection column on the left side of the screen.
- Click on “Create a Server” on the left.
- Name your server under Server Name.
- You can also upload your picture by clicking on the right side of the circle.
- Once all of this is done, press “Create” at the bottom of the window.
There you have it, your own Discord server.
How to Secure Your Account After Creating Discord Server?
After you have created your own server, you must secure it. Following are the ways that will help you to secure your account-
- It is recommended to use password managers like 1Password (Mac) and Dashlane (Windows) which make creating and storing secure passwords, extremely easy.
- Enabling Two Factor Authentication– 2FA is the most secure way to protect your account. Once this is enabled, you will further have the option of increasing your account’s security with SMS Authentication by adding your phone number to your Discord account.
- Set your privacy and safety settings- with this, you can decide what kind of content you want to explore.
- KEEP ME SAFE: With this, images and videos sent in the direct messages, are scanned by Discord. If anything is found to be violating the Discord policies, that content is immediately blocked.
- MY FRIENDS ARE NICE: Through this, Discord is able to scan all the messages sent to you from people who are not your friends, and the explicit content is automatically blocked.
- DO NOT SCAN: With this setting, none of your messages are scanned or blocked.
- Follow safe account practices-
- Do not explore links that appear to be suspicious.
- Do not give away your account information to anyone.
- Report accounts that seem to be indulging in malpractices.
How to Stop People seeing which games you are playing on Discord?
Now, you must be perusing through games in Discord which is automatically showcased to your friends and let them know what games you are playing. Here is how you can deactivate this feature-
- Go to the settings menu and navigate to the “game activity” tab on the left.
- Now deactivate the “display currently running game as a status message” toggle and Discord will stop sharing your gaming activity.
You can always enable this setting using these same steps.
How to invite someone to a Discord server?
- If the server has been set to public, you can invite anyone to the server by right clicking on the server icon on the left..
- Press “invite people.”
- You can also press the “copy” button to copy a link to your clipboard and send it to anyone.
- This invite will however, expire in 24 hours by default.
There is another option available where you can set the expiration date and set a maximum number of users for a Discord invite link.
For customizing your invite, from the Invite menu, click “edit invite link.” With this, you will be able to set various intervals ranging from 30 minutes to forever.
With this thorough summary on the usage of Discord, I hope you have a better understanding of how it works!