Enable Push to Talk Feature in Discord App : Not many of you have heard about Discord. For the people who don’t know much about it should learn that it is a new VoIP service for the hardcore gamers that functions similar to TeamSpeak. It was introduced a couple of years ago and has been growing since then at an astonishingly growing pace. It is one of the most sought-after services with people communicating with each other during the gaming sessions. To have a seamless voice communication, you should get a new headset that removes noise and allows good audio communication.
If you are using the microphone or any mediocre headset then the people on the other end will get irritated with the background noise coming from the laptop or computer. So, if you are a person who is responsible for such problems during the communication between the games, you must take advantage of Push to Talk feature of the Discord App. If you are not acquainted with this feature then our tutorial on how to enable push to talk in Discord will help you out.
How to Enable Push to Talk in Discord App – Complete Tutorial
The first thing you need to do is log in Discord either by using the desktop client or browser client. Once the Discord Sign Up is successful, the push to talk feature would be enabled within minutes.
- You should click on Gear-Shaped icon in the Discord Application. This icon is located at the bottom left corner of the client and will take you to the ‘Discord Settings’.
- Go to the ‘Voice Section’ in this settings page and then you should click on the ‘Push to Talk’ option so that it gets turned on.
How to Configure Push to Talk in Discord App?
Once you are successful in enabling ‘Push to Talk’ feature in the app, you might have difficulties in using it right away. You need to set up a key for ‘Push to Talk’ feature. Now, follow the guide on how to enable “Push to Talk” feature in Discord app.
- You will find the ‘Keybinds’ section in the ‘Discord Settings’ page. Now, click on ‘Add a Keybind’ option. It can be done in the voice section too, but here you will be able to add the multiple keybinds. This means that you can add multiple shortcut keys for ‘Push to Talk’ feature.
- For the action, choose the ‘Push to Talk’ option from the drop-down menu. Once you are done, click on ‘Record Keybind’ and then you must press the key you wish to use for activating the ‘Push to Talk’ feature. To save the Keybind, click on ‘Stop Recording’ option.
- Now again, go back to the ‘Voice’ section of the Discord Settings and there you will notice the slider beneath the ‘Push to Talk Release Delay’ option. It is the delay that is usually taken by Discord to cut off the voice signal after you release the ‘Push to talk’ key. It is set to 20ms by default, but the users are allowed to adjust it from the range between 0ms and 2000ms.
Why Push to Talk Feature is pretty Useful?
It is one of the most useful features of this app especially when you are using a mediocre microphone which has been picking too much background noise. Moreover, it is useful when you are using the internal speaker/microphone on your laptop or desktop. This feature lets you cut off the voice signal totally as long as you keep the key pressed. The users need to press the key once if they wish to convey something so that the other users in the voice channel are not affected by the echos and background noise the mics pick up.
The Final Words
So, if you were looking for an informative guide to enable the push to talk feature in discord app, we have provided you the best one. You can follow it carefully so that this feature gets enabled without any hassle. You can leave your opinions and problems in the comment section and we will try to answer them shortly.