Discord has many useful characteristics that it provides its users to make operating the software as smooth as possible. From being able to add bots that moderate your server, to being able to easily rearrange your server to look how you’d like it. There are unlimited possibilities.
Even in a simple text channel user can delete unwanted messages, alter permissions to who can view the channel, and, as we’ll discuss in this article, pin important messages.
The pinning feature is incredibly useful. This characteristic enables you to add certain messages to a list of select pinned messages. This suggests that whenever you want to observe that message again you don’t need to scroll back up in the main text channel.
All you require to do is obtain the list of pinned messages and scroll within the much shorter list. Through this article, we will help you through the performance of pinning messages, what specifically that means, and how to view the list of pinned messages.
- Open Discord on your Mac or PC and to find the message you desire to pin.
- Hover your cursor over the message you want to pin, and either right-click it or click the three dots that appear to the right of the message.
- Three dots will appear here when you scroll over a message.
- Click on the “Pin Message.” If this option isn’t appearing, you don’t have pinning verification.
- Pin the message.
- Confirm your decision by clicking “Oh yeah. Pin it.”
- You’ll then see a message resemble informing other users that you’ve pinned a message to the channel.
- You can unpin a message using the same method — just click “Unpin Message” instead.
- Or, if it’s been a while, you can view and delete pins by clicking the pin icon in the upper-right corner of the screen and selecting the “X” next to the pinned message you want to delete.
We hope that this article assists you better navigate Discord and the pinning characteristic. When used accurately, pinning messages is very serviceable in using Discord and Discord chat trait. It helps you better organize the purpose of your chats and helps make sure everyone is on the same page when it comes to each channel. Pinning messages can offer many useful benefits when using discord. Now go off and have fun pinning the discord messages!